Photo By: Sigal Mizrahi
Photo By: Yiftach Belsky
IZZO BLUES COALITION
IZZO BLUES COALTION (IBC) An eclectic three piece ensemble... Debut Blues album! COMPLICATED MAN A rockier funk tinged, Blues, electric vocal album where he serves it up hot!! The guitar is star on this record and he illustrates just how good he is. But what's striking here is his strong compositional and production skills that are highlighted combined with his unmistakable throaty vocal tone on this ground breaking new album.
- Bob Harris BBC Radio 2
Award-Winning Canadian Guitarist / Producer Tino Izzo Starts IZZO BLUES COALITION with Long-Time partner / Manager Bob Telaro.
Band Started Over a Jam Session & Scotch — Isn’t That Always The Way? Debut Blues Rock Album Complicated Man — Available Now!
After 30 years of working together behind the scenes, acclaimed Canadian producer, guitarist, and writer Tino Izzo and drummer Bob Telaro have teamed together in a new way:
“We’ve been talking about it for years says Izzo with Bob Telaro, who is also his manager. “It was only to happen, when I felt I was good and ready.
“We jammed for the first time in 2017, just for fun and over a good Scotch,” he continues with a wink. “Bob is also a seasoned drummer, but…“i never expected to be the second piece to this long-standing conversation…” Telaro chimes in.
The pair’s life-long chemistry and camaraderie would seal the deal, however; both grew up in the same neighborhood, attended the same high school, and spent those hazy 70s days taking in all the blues, rock, progressive rock, and jazz they could get their hands on.
They were even in competing bands. After college, Telaro — who’d spent his post-grad time touring Canada — ventured his hand at the business side of the industry and opened a recording studio and management company. His first mission was to find Izzo, manage him, and give him full access to the studio to develop his craft.
IZZO BLUES COALITION
The rest is history, so they say: a fixture of the Canadian music industry, Izzo is a long-seasoned and highly sought-after songwriter, producer, multi-instrumentalist, and guitar player. He’s written and produced a string of #1 singles, helmed gold and platinum-selling albums for a diverse range of artists, and released seven previous albums — including the Billboard Choice Award-winning Blue Desires. Today, the IZZO BLUES COALITION marks a poignant shift in gears for Izzo. Still based in their hometown of Montreal, the sharp-edged, contemporary blues project features a dynamic three-piece ensemble and delivers on that longstanding promise made between Izzo and Telaro: marking a return to the live circuit after a decade ‘behind the boards.’
Izzo’s interest in guitar-based arrangements shouldn’t come as a surprise to those following his discography and production work; as an artist, he is known for consistently employing an organic approach to sound, regardless of genre. Having first picked up a six-string at age 10, guitar-playing has been the man’s recurring obsession and an irrevocable facet of his creative process. “The initial goal of achieving the epitome of technical skill has,” he reflects, “matured over time into believing expression and listenability take precedence over flashy affections."
This ethos is evident across Complicated Man, IBC’s expressive and undeniably gutsy debut.
With Izzo’s virtuosic guitar chops and trademark throaty vocals backed by Telaro’s recognizably laid-back, heavy-hitting drum work, the album tries to break new ground in the blues rock landscape by delivering a fresh a vdeeply personal approach to Blues. Their unhinged collection of inspired blues recordings marries compositional intricacy with technical prowess, making for a streamlined, exhilarating listen that redefines Izzo as a latent blues rock visionary. Pairing this intuitive understanding of theoretical side of music with an ear-candy approach to songcraft, IBC sounds like the culmination of a lifelong, genre-spanning obsession with not only the guitar, but music at large.
Complicated Man is available now.
QUOTES FROM TINO IZZO`s GUITAR ALBUMS
- Born and bred in Montreal, guitarist Tino Izzo may be the best guitarist you've never heard of.
(AllMusic Review by Jonathan Widran )
- The tone this boy gets out of a guitar will make you weep... Izzo holds his own with greats including Metheny and Bird "
( Napra Review )
- Playing multiple guitars… Tino Izzo crafts meticulous compositions... all seared with powerful melodies"
( Billboard - Critic's Choice )
- Tino Izzo Guitarist extraordinaire has created a modern guitar lover's dream disc… the sounds on this album transcends description, but hey - this guy is a world class guitar genius and composer… Tino's versatile guitar playing that is both energetic and soothing»
( Leading Edge Review )
- Guitarist extraordinaire Tino Izzo returns...
( Time And A Word )
- Tino Izzo take the listener on a journey through well-charted musical landscapes, by combining different musical styles from a palette of different cultures. Highly recommended.
(Review by Ben Kettlewell )
- Tino transports the listener…Performed so seamlessly here one wonder simultaneously why it hasn't been done before and whether anyone else could pull it off. How sweet the sound indeed "
( The New Times )
- Canadian guitarist Tino Izzo says there was a dramatic turning point in his long musical career… Instead of being the egocentric guitar wizard, he wanted the soul of the music to speak through his instrument. That philosophy serves him well… The musician has contributed guitar sessions for International superstars as well as composing and producing a string of hit records and six critically acclaimed solo instrumental albums.
( Visions Magazine-Faith Quintavell )
MANAGEMENT | 514-781-3960
PUBLISHER | , 514-281-0177